Share your thoughts on the interactive exercises 🎤

Hi Reveri Community! :wave:

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Andraž, and I’m a mobile developer who has been working on our application since September 2022. It’s been an incredible journey so far, and I’m thrilled to be a part of this community.

As you know, our primary goal is to bring you the benefits of self-hypnosis right to your fingertips through our mobile app. We’ve put a lot of effort into creating interactive exercises that make you feel like Dr. Spiegel is right there with you, guiding you through the process.

Now, we would love to hear your thoughts on the interactive exercises and how it has been enhancing your self-hypnosis experience. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and it will help us shape the future of our app.

Please take a moment to share your insights on the following questions:

1. Have you already tried an interactive exercise? If not, we would love to know why. Is there something specific that’s holding you back from trying it out?
  2. How do you feel about the interactive sessions? Do you find them engaging and beneficial?
  3. Do you switch between interactive and listening mode from session to session? If so, why?
  4. Are the interactive exercises interactive enough for you? Is there anything you would like to see more of, such as additional open-ended questions?
  5. Have you encountered any difficulties or challenges while using the interactive exercises? Is there anything we can do to make it more user-friendly or intuitive?
  6. Finally, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least satisfied and 5 being highly satisfied, how would you rate the interactive exercises?

Thank you in advance for your participation and for being a valued member of our community. We look forward to reading your insights and continuing to provide you with an exceptional experience.

Warm regards,
AndraĹľ

3 Likes

Hi Andraz,

Thanks for working so hard to bring the interactive service to the app. I used to use the interactive service, but for some reason it doesn’t work on my phone now. I don’t know why. Anyway, I’ll answer you questions as best as I can in view of the aforementioned.

1. I have tried the interactive and like it, but I like the listen only as well.
  2. I like the fact the interactive session adapts to answers given making it a little more bespoke.
  3. I used to (and still would) switch between modes depending on the situation. I prefer to use listen mode when I’m using red light therapy. The sessions are a good timer too.
  4. As I can’t use the interactive sessions now, I can’t really comment on whether it’s enough or I’d like something else.
  5. Yes, I have experienced challenges. The option to react flashes on my screen so quickly there isn’t time to answer. Also, when I do, the app doesn’t respond.
  6. I think it would be unfair to rate the interactive exercises because I haven’t been able to use them for quite a while.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes
  • Have you already tried an interactive exercise? Yes A few time. I like them a lot

If not, we would love to know why. Is there something specific that’s holding you back from trying it out? N/A

• How do you feel about the interactive sessions? I like them a lot. I feel like the doctor is consulting with me.

Do you find them engaging and beneficial? Yes If I have an improvement in before and after he acknowledges the improvement, I like that

• Do you switch between interactive and listening mode from session to session? If so, why? Yes I like variety in life and all things need switching to remain novel.

• Are the interactive exercises interactive enough for you? yes just right not too much.

Is there anything you would like to see more of, such as additional open-ended questions? Get rid of the the doctor refer to “floating in a hot tub” reference. I do think people float in hot water. It is distracting.

• Have you encountered any difficulties or challenges while using the interactive exercises? Not yet

Is there anything we can do to make it more user-friendly or intuitive? Get rid of the the doctor refer to “floating in a hot tub” reference. I do think people float in hot water. It is distracting.

• Finally, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least satisfied and 5 being highly satisfied, how would you rate the interactive exercises? 5 great job. I like to speak in to the app and not push a button.

Hi Andraz!
Thank you for working on the app. Before I answer your question I have one feature request. It would be nice if sessions would remember the last choice (interactive/listening). For example I never use the interactive one for sleeping (don’t want to freak out my family by speaking to the phone in the middle of the night:) but it always select it by default.

1. Have you already tried an interactive exercise? If not, we would love to know why. Is there something specific that’s holding you back from trying it out?

At first I was hesitant trying it and “talking” to the phone but I tried it and I think it’s a nice feature.

2. How do you feel about the interactive sessions? Do you find them engaging and beneficial?

Yes, I guess that by answering the questions it forces you to focus a bit more on the session.

3. Do you switch between interactive and listening mode from session to session? If so, why?

I feel like the interactive session for stress works better for me. But sometimes I will switch back to the listening only if I really want to quiet down.

4. Are the interactive exercises interactive enough for you? Is there anything you would like to see more of, such as additional open-ended questions?

This might be a good idea to keep you more engaged. After doing the interactive sessions for a few times you kind of know what to expect and that the questions are “limited”. I think that open ended question would make for a richer experience.

5. Have you encountered any difficulties or challenges while using the interactive exercises? Is there anything we can do to make it more user-friendly or intuitive?

Sometimes I will jump with the answer before the question is fully finished. In those cases I need to repeat my answer when the device is listening. If it’s possible to start listening sooner it would be nice.

6. Finally, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least satisfied and 5 being highly satisfied, how would you rate the interactive exercises?

4/5 - I like them but it feels like there is some room for making them richer.

Thank you all for your feedback!
Please keep sharing your thoughts to help us improve your experience.

@Foxglove
Did you happen to use Reveri on Android? Have you already reached out to our support team regarding the issue? We’ve identified a problem on Google’s end that is affecting a small number of users. While we are actively working on some workarounds, we must note that they are not 100% effective. We appreciate your continued support as a valued member!

@Lisaskye
Thanks for your feedback, we will further share it with our production team.

@Jacek
I’m delighted to inform you that your feature request will be included in the upcoming app update. Thank you for your suggestion!

2 Likes

I can not figure out how to use the app.
JP

• Have you already tried an interactive exercise? Yes :slight_smile:

• How do you feel about the interactive sessions? Do you find them engaging and beneficial?
    I like them and feel like I can get more out of the sessions.

• Do you switch between interactive and listening mode from session to session? If so, why?
    Yes because I can’t always speak outloud. Sometimes, my hubby is sleeping next to me :wink:

• Are the interactive exercises interactive enough for you? Is there anything you would like to see more of, such as additional open-ended questions?
    On days when it’s harder to concentrate or relax enough to enter a relaxed state, maybe there could be a longer induction time?

• Have you encountered any difficulties or challenges while using the interactive exercises? Is there anything we can do to make it more user-friendly or intuitive?
    When asked on a scale how stressed I am, no matter the number i say, it ends up being a 10 at the end when Dr. Spiegel says: you mentioned you were at level 10 earlier, now, how would you rate tour stress level?So i feel there might be a glitch there.

• Finally, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least satisfied and 5 being highly satisfied, how would you rate the interactive exercises?
    5 :heart:

I’ve only used the interactive exercises and remain highly skeptical of the efficacy of this entire concept. My profile said hypnosis would be less effective for me but only recommended doing it more to make up the difference. That is an absurd recommendation, I started skeptical and perceived no results so doing it more and continuing to see no results is just aggravating.

Regarding the interactive prompts, I think they’re technically functional but not useful. I regularly found them distracting from trying to concentrate on a visualization that was being described and my responses felt like they were being simply ignored beyond prompting the session to continue. The doctor regularly asks “Did X happen?” I would respond “No” and it would continue as if I had responded “Yes” which further increased the difficulty of maintaining a belief that there was potential for this technique.

I assume that there are different responses based on the user’s answer but apparently not to help people that are struggling with the technique. This was very strange to me. If the default response is to assume the process is going smoothly then the interactivity would naturally be to assist people for whom that is not the case.

Since I found the pauses to be distracting and my responses seemed to be ignored I would have to rate the interactivity a 1.