What questions do you have about Reveri?

Hello Laurence, I have been using Reveri 7 months now. As to your question can you be working on two things in parallel, I use a wide range of the sessions available. If you want to work on Focus and Improved Sleep, I would suggest trying
the Breathing Exercises Cyclic Sighing and under more exercises Enhance Focus, Reach Your Goals and Improve Sleep. I often piggy back one session after another. It is nice to jump around and try different sessions and find your favorites. Reveri has helped me so very much and I was in the least hypnotizable category Good luck with your journey

2 Likes

Thanks, Suqie.

I stumbled on the fact that Iā€™m no locked into one ā€œcategoryā€ but could also get going with the sleep category after starting on focus. Since I have A.D.D., I continuously look for help with focus. And since I have A.D.D., as soon as I start something, Iā€™m ready to start something else. :laughing: But thatā€™s also a feature of learning something new: groping to discover what I donā€™t know, sometimes before I know enough to learn the new topic.

So again, I thank you. Iā€™m looking forward to getting the most I possibly can from Reveri.

1 Like

Thanks Laurence for the update, it was good to read your response.

Sometimes i stop the timer to stay in the session longer. Cheers

Hi. :wave:t3: I just signed up, and Iā€™m on day three. Iā€™m trying to build better eating habits.

Iā€™ve been assigned a hypnosis session called ā€œControl Any Habit,ā€ and I have a question. Iā€™ve done this session twice, now, and Iā€™m a little bit confused. Hereā€™s what happens:

• The session begins with the balloon arm exercise.
  • Next, I give a score of my belief in my ability to change my habit.
  • After that, I have to specify whether I am trying to change an addiction, a behavior, or [a third option that I canā€™t remember right now].
  • I say ā€œBehavior,ā€ because Iā€™m working on eating patterns.
  • Next, I am guided through a breathing exercise.
  • The confusing part comes after the breathing exercise. Thatā€™s when Dr. Spiegel asks something like, ā€œNow, do you feel like you can make a better choice next time with the tools provided?ā€ (Iā€™m paraphrasing.)

It feels like I just got started with the hypnosis session, learned a breathing technique, and then itā€™s all over.

Was the breathing technique supposed to be a tool to use when my unhealthy urges strike? Like a surrogate behavior? Or was it just part of the hypnosis session? And, if the breathing technique was one of the ā€œtools provided,ā€ what is/are the other tools (plural tools)?

It seems like part of the recording may be missing, or at least maybe a little bit of instruction is needed so that I understand whatā€™s happening.

I would love to understand because I was assigned this session on Day 1 and Day 3, and I have a feeling that I will be assigned the session again in the coming days. LOL.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Shannon, welcome aboard! From my own understanding, you will find the exercises on the iPhone Home page comprise a collection of techniques, including breathing exercises. While these exercises serve various purposes, itā€™s worth noting that many scientists recommend incorporating breathing techniques for their numerous benefits. I wish you a rewarding journey with these exercises! If you need further clarification or guidance, feel free to reach out. Buddy, youā€™ve got this! Cheers!

I am new to Reveri and am using it to improve my golf game (and have chosen that goal). The focus and concentration sessions seem almost the same. Iā€™d appreciate understanding how I can specifically apply the sessions to my golf game.

Can it help with arthritis pain? Thank you!

Yes, the Manage Pain Perception can definitely help with arthritis pain. Give it a try and report back :slight_smile:

Hi Shannon, thanks for asking. I believe in the behavior pathway of the Control Any Habit exercise, Dr. Spiegel instructs you to use this breathing technique when you notice yourself being ā€œtriggeredā€ to engage in that unwanted behavior. So he is teaching you something you can do instead of defaulting to the unwanted behavior. If you donā€™t feel like it was sufficiently helpful, you should respond ā€œNoā€ when he asks you that question along the lines of ā€œNow, do you feel like you can make a better choice next time with the tools provided?ā€, because he will offer further guidance from there. Hope this is helpful?

1 Like